Arbitration-In-Practice (AIP) Workshop Series: Joinders, Consolidation and Interim Measures & Emergency Arbitrator
We are pleased to invite you to register for the AIAC and the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Malaysia Branch) 5th Arbitration-In-Practice (AIP) Workshop Series titled, "Joinders, Consolidation and Interim Measures & Emergency Arbitrator " on Saturday, 9th October 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. MYT (+8 GMT). The workshop will be conducted live via the AIAC’s Zoom platform.
This workshop serves as an important refresher to already qualified arbitrators as well as for arbitrators-in-waiting. The experienced speakers for this workshop will include Mr. Mohanadass Kanagasabai (Mohanadass Partnership) and Ms. Shanti Mogan (Shearn Delamore & Co.) and will discuss various sub-issues, including:
Joinders, Consolidation and Interim Measures
- Joinder procedures and considerations
- Consolidation procedures and considerations
- Alternative to Joinder and Consolidation
- Type of interim measures and considerations
- Court assistance under the Arbitration Act 2005
- Concurrent Court proceedings (cf. Section 37 CIPAA)
- Risks and benefits of Emergency Arbitrator procedure
- Consideration in Emergency Arbitrator vs. Court
- Enforcement of Emergency Arbitrator Award
- Checklist for Emergency Arbitrator application
- Emergency Arbitrator procedure under the AIAC Arbitration Rules
Seats are limited and will remain available on a first-come, first-served basis. A registration fee of RM100.00 will be applicable. For more information and to register, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.