3rd Arbitration-In-Practice (AIP) Workshop Series
We are pleased to invite you to register for the AIAC and the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Malaysia Branch) 3rd Arbitration-In-Practice (AIP) workshop titled, “Determination of Jurisdictional Issues/Challenges and Pre-Hearing Considerations” on Saturday, 14th August 2021 from 9:00 a.m to 1:00 p.m MYT (GMT +8). The workshop will be conducted live via Zoom.
This workshop serves as an important refresher to already qualified arbitrators as well as for arbitrators-in-waiting. The experienced speakers for this workshop will include Tan Sri Dato' Cecil Abraham (Cecil Abraham & Partners), Mr Rajendra Navaratnam (Azman Davidson & Co) and Mr Francis Xavier (Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP), and will see participants guided through various sub-issues, for example:
Determination of jurisdictional issues/challenges
- The proper application of kompetenz-kompetenz principle vis-à-vis challenge to the tribunal’s jurisdiction
- Types of recurring jurisdictional issues/challenges
- Inter-personal tips and skills in controlling proceedings
- Issues typically encountered by the tribunal prior to the Hearing including jurisdictional challenges
- Procedural matters to be considered
- Feasibility of virtual and non-virtual proceedings
- Preparations for hearings
Seats are limited and will remain available on a first-come, first-served basis. Priority will be given to early registrants. To register for this workshop, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A registration fee of RM100.00 will be applicable. We look forward to hosting you.