Case Counsel Job Description - Indian
International Case Counsel (India)
The Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC, formerly known as KLRCA) was established under the auspices of the Asian-African Legal Consultative Organisation (AALCO) and pursuant to a host country agreement with the Government of Malaysia.
The AIAC is the first regional arbitration centre established by the AALCO and is to provide institutional support as a neutral and independent venue for the conduct of domestic and international arbitration proceedings in Asia. Since the AIAC’s inception, it has grown from strength to strength and with over 900 matters every year is now one of the leading providers for Alternate Dispute Resolution across the globe.
The team at the AIAC is highly committed and motivated, constantly looking to innovate, implement and promote ADR in Malaysia, Asia and the world. We are now looking to hire an experienced Indian lawyer to join our legal team as case counsel. The selected candidate will operate under the general guidance of the AIAC Director and will work under the supervision of the Head of Legal Services.
- Managing the administration of dispute resolution (arbitration, adjudication, mediation) cases, including the review and due diligence of institutional, regulatory, statutory and legal requirements and financial aspects of the cases;
- Undertaking legal research in the fields of arbitration, adjudication, and mediation;
- Liaising with stakeholders, regulators, external solicitors and parties as well as other operating functions and services;
- Managing knowledge and content including writing of presentation papers;
- Representing the AIAC at conferences, seminars and trainings;
- Working on other matters, initiatives and programmes as the Director or the Head of Legal Services may assign;
- Advanced university degree (LL.M. or equivalent) with specialisation in ADR;
- Minimum 3 years of PQE with experience related to ADR;
- Excellent knowledge and command of English, Hindi, Tamil and Urdu;
- Drafting skills and command over writing, drafting and editing articles to be published;
- A confident and mature disposition;
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
Applications should be addressed to email@example.com no later than 30th April 2019. A detailed CV and a writing sample, preferably on a topic related to ADR, must also accompany the application.